The email that went out to staff today sure made it sound better then 4 years ago although I wasn’t there then.
As to the double-decker cots, that looks a little tight? I wonder if they will have electricity like the tents at the Philmont Training Center?
Some of the other highlights include:
- Showers have solar water heaters, so the hot water will actually be hot and not just room temperature.
- A laundry service will provide 24-hour turnaround at a modest price; drop off and pick up will be at Base Camp Echo headquarters.
- The U.S. Postal Service trailer will sell stamps and accept outbound mail.
- More charging points for your smartphone (we previously heard they will have good cell phone coverage…and I have AT&T!)
- More transportation options to get to job sites and the Welcome Center.
- Staff dining system will have gluten-free option in addition to vegetarian, Halal and Kosher options.
- A paid snacking/dining option called Chat ‘n Chew with various dining options and meeting space.